One side benefit to charting, particularly if I don't get KU right away, will be being able to tell when my period is due. Ever since I was 12 years old, I've not been able to predict when it might come. It's not wildly different from month to month, just a couple of days usually - a week at most. Back in the day, of course, this was always a reason to worry that I might have had an oopsie somehow. On a more banal level, it was a great way to get caught at school/work without a tampon and have to wad up some toilet paper to make a makeshift pad (good times). Like many women, before I learned about NFP/FAM I had no idea that what's "late" isn't actually your period, but ovulation... your period always comes at the same time. Who knew? I really think they should teach a class on FAM in high school - it's almost unbelievable how little we know about our own bodies unless we take the initiative to learn more than what we learned in school.
I'm rambling. I don't have much to say today. I'm 9 dpo, which is rather... neither here nor there.
On my drive to work today, I suddenly thought - maybe we should just wait. Maybe I don't care. Maybe I don't need to have a kid. Maybe life will just be easier if we don't. Two hours later, I felt differently. Le sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment