Friday, February 27, 2009

Playing it not so cool

Temp today = 97.9. Meh. I can understand why some people do not temp in the two week wait. It's a little annoying to see my temp still this low. Is it too much to ask to have them stay over 98?

Last night we had our usual Thursday night dinner with the in-laws, only this time I declined to have a glass of wine, because I am not drinking at all in my two week waits. Mr. Ibis had told them right after I miscarried that, in the future, I may or may not be drinking alcohol and to please just not bug me about it because I may or may not be pregnant and not willing to announce yet.

But apparently they forgot, and my in-laws can be a little pushy about eating and drinking. So my father in law was giving me a bit of a hard time about my glass of water, while I hemmed and hawed, and finally Mr. Ibis blurted out something like, "Look, she MIGHT be pregnant right now, and not want to drink, or she might not, but if she were we wouldn't tell you, so just don't ask. If she's not drinking, just don't ask!"

Then when we were leaving, FIL asked if I was warm enough in my coat, and added something about how "after all, you're dressing for two now!" Oh, gawwwd. He totally misunderstood Mr. I's speech. I practically shouted, "MAYBE! Maybe not!" and Mr. I scrambled to explain, nonono, he didn't mean that, he just meant ggaahahhhh.

Maybe we should have stuck to our old plan, last time I got pregnant, of having me pretend to drink all night. In retrospect, that was actually easier!

1 comment:

gallerygirl said...

Wow- My ILS would be the same way. They would take notice and make a big deal out of every time I did not drink before our first 2 pregnancies... for years, actually. It was really annoying since my mind was not even THERE yet. Pretending may be the way to go!

Post a Comment