Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Teh Secks

No post yesterday. I was painting the office for a good portion of the day and just not thinking about much of anything. The office used to be a dreadful, hospital-scrubs green, and now it's bright yellow. REALLY bright. But it makes me happy.

TMI ahead:

Yesterday after I was done painting and Mr. Ibis was home from work, I invited him into the shower for a little recreational shower duet action. Afterwards, he asked me a few times where that came from, since it was a little unusual for me to propose such a thing. I answered a few times that we both had to shower, so why not. I probably should have left it at that, but finally I confessed I had an ulterior motive: I wanted to make sure that, just in case we don't get KU on the first try like last time, we still have sex just for fun amidst all the babymaking. He said he really didn't think that was going to be a problem, as he never really doesn't want to have sex.

Thus emboldened, I floated the "Sperm Meets Egg Plan" by him gauge his reaction. I have no idea if I would be able to maintain this, but I wanted to see what he thought. The Sperm Meets Egg Plan supposedly has a high success rate, and what it prescribes is sex every other day starting on Cycle Day 8; then sex three days in a row at peak fertility; then skip a day, and one more day of babymaking sex. Mr. I laughed a bit, but said, "Okay." I pointed out that this could mean sex five times in one week. He replied, "That's more than we usually do it, but... you know, whatever you want!"

I still don't know if I could rally for sex five times a week, but it's nice that he's up for it if I do. At every turn, his positive and encouraging attitude has reassured me. Every time I think most reasonable men would at least balk, or at worst put me in an institution (ha), he is even-keeled. Love Mr. I!

No comments:

Post a Comment