Tuesday, March 17, 2009

TMI & Rated R

First off: thanks to everyone who shared your thoughts on my post yesterday. It meant a lot to me and I appreciate - well, that anyone reads this in the first place, but also that people leave their comments.

And now, as we kick off the countdown to ovulation, thoughts turn to sex once again. The following may be way TMI and a little gross for some, but will give you an insight into our sense of humor around here. I told Mr. Ibis yesterday that Aunt Flo is leaving town, and he replied, "Well, Uncle Dick is coming into town." Haha. Later he teased me, "Are you ready for 30 straight days of f*ckin'?" I laughed and said if we're going to do that, I'll need to buy some costumes or something... he conceded, "By day 23 we may be ready to die." We giggled about that for a while.

I'm sure many of you are confused about what IS the plan here - are we taking a break, are we taking it easy, are we TTC, what? It's true, we have changed our tunes several times. For once, I'm letting myself just go with the flow here. Or will be trying to do that. Normally I am white-knuckling the reins, especially with regards to TTC, but handing them over to Mr. Ibis for one cycle is not going to kill me. And may even make me stronger.

We can be a little all over the place as a rule, I will admit. Last week we were having a meltdown about the finances. This week I got a new job, Mr. I's work picked up to the point that he's once again getting overtime, and everything seems comparatively rosy. We do tend to overreact at times: one bad month and the sky is falling, always has been falling. One good month and we forget why we were so alarmed. This is really just about money and work... never about each other.

One thing is constant: we do want to start a family. But I will be letting Mr. I lead the way this cycle. If that means getting it on for 30 straight days... God help me, I'll do what I have to do!

4 comments:

LuckyOnce said...

Maybe just to keep your sanity in tact you should at least point Mr. I in the direction of a website that will tell him the general vicinity of time when you're most fertile... Just as a starting point?? Maybe? (Cuz geez, girl... You're gonna be sore! Haha.)

Ibis said...

Haha... I'm pretty sure he's full of beans. If not... you might not hear from me for a while, lol.

gallerygirl said...

I agree w/She. I don't know that I could do 30 days straight. I could barely do 4! If you are serious, think about getting the "sex deck" off of amazon... it's a tasteful deck of cards that can spice things up. :)

Also, thank you for all the wonderful support- you rock and I hope you get your sticky baby soon. (I'm also glad the sky is done falling!)

Anonymous said...

I lol'd at the costumes comment. "so Mr. I, would you like a school girl or a pirate today?"

I'm glad you guys are in a better place again. finance stress is the worst. it makes you feel like a failure in your relationship when its not even about the relationship! I think its great that you're giving him the reins for a month. much less stressful for you, I hope!

Post a Comment