We had a long, exhausting but fun day walking around the zoo with my mom and sister. It was their last full day with us so we wanted to make the most of it. My sister is a huge animal lover (as are we all, really) so we saw pretty much the entire zoo, which was about four hours of walking around. Afterward we all came back to the house and just totally zoned out. Mom fell asleep on the couch, sis played with our dog because she has boundless energy, Mr. Ibis read a sports magazine, and I snuck off to play on the Internet for a bit.
Later the four of us went out to dinner at a brewpub restaurant (although ironically not one of us had a beer) and walked downtown for a little while. As we were browsing a store I murmured to Mr. I that we probably shouldn't stay out too late, and he teased me, "Is that because you have a smiley face?" Really I just wanted to make sure they had enough time to pack and get their rest, but yeah... it wouldn't hurt to have some smiley face time either!
We went back to their hotel and hung out for a little while, talking and drinking some decaf coffee. It was nice... then around quarter to ten I told Mr. Ibis we should probably get going, and my sister had an end-of-the-day cranky meltdown, which sealed the deal.
When we got home it was late-ish but it was a Friday night... we're normally not two days in a row kind of people but we knew it would help a lot if we rallied, so we did.
To my surprise, my temp was way down low this morning. I thought with reasonable certainty that yesterday would have been my O day, with the OPKs and with my diminished CM over the course of the day yesterday, but no dice! So on we go...
I don't know why I thought that ovulating and FWPing would not be a challenge with guests in town all week and balancing that with work, but somehow I just assumed my body would proceed as normal. It did not. Add to that that I've gotten this head cold, albeit a mild one, and the odds were stacked against my egg, I guess. I just hope it comes soon and I don't have some crazy long, or anovulatory, cycle because of all this!


1 comment:
I am thinking that your low temps are due to the head cold. that's pretty common right? feel better!!
Post a Comment