Thursday, April 2, 2009

Random thoughts this morning

Miraculously, I slept all the way through the night last night! Maybe blogging about it worked some magic. So I should blog all about how much I want to get knocked up this cycle, haha.

I went up to read in bed after Lost was over, and I didn't get very far before my eyes started to close. Mr. Ibis came up, I awoke long enough to do an imitation of his cover-stealing moves and make him laugh, and then I fell right back to sleep while he played a little Gameboy in bed. I barely remember him reaching over me to shut off the light, and then next thing I knew the alarm was going off. Amazing. It felt great.

Mr. Ibis saw me looking at my blog last night and asked what it was, so I told him. It wasn't a secret, I just didn't go out of my way to tell him I had a TTC blog until he asked. He teased me, "Boy, I better get you pregnant soon," but I am not as sensitive about that kind of thing as I once was. I know he wants it too, and I don't think I am going nearly as crazy as I was at first.

So I'm 9dpo. I don't think I really have phantom symptoms. I had a little tightness in my lower abdomen yesterday, but I was also moving a 6 foot fiberglass ladder around and bought and carried around a two gallen tub of drywall mud, so that pretty much explains away that symptom.

Of course now I sometimes feel an undercurrent of paranoia about the things I have to do for work while TTC (and possibly pregnant), but I'm determined not to worry too much about that. I know enough women in my line of work who have had babies, including my own stepmother. I know that women have been doing hard labor and having babies for thousands of years. I just take my precautions and try not to obsess - I wear gloves, I wear a mask when I work with dust or fumes, and I check the material data safety sheets for the products I use to make sure not of them is toxic. Last time around, my OB told me that painting would be fine during my entire pregnancy, and I believe her.

1 comment:

LuckyOnce said...

Full nights of sleep are the best. I'm so glad you had a good one.

I really agree with what you're saying about your job, too. I was walking and exercising throughout my pregnancy (the good one!) and in fact even went for a two mile walk the day before I delivered. As long as you keep your heart rate in a normal range, you'll be fine!

Post a Comment