Saturday, June 27, 2009

11 weeks (and 3 days)


Here I am: 11 weeks. This week I finally relented and took a pic wearing my belly band with the pants unbuttoned. These jeans no longer fit while buttoned up. I've been wearing them in every photo so far and they are my favorites: a pair of Guess! jeans I bought second hand for $4. The waist size is 26... my waist size is no longer 26. Also this week I have let my bra out to the last hooks, instead of the first where I was wearing it before. It is a 30DD and I think I can get through another week or two on the last hook setting, but I will need a bigger one soon.

This week, I'm afraid, I need to talk about poop. If you don't want to hear about poop, kindly skip ahead to the next paragraph. For the last week, I have not had the typical pregnancy problem of not being able to poop. Instead what I have is one normal poop in the morning, and then a horrible bout of indigestion and intestinal cramping sometime in the afternoon or evening, followed by diarrhea. This may be why I've felt slightly less bloated lately, but honestly I would take the bloat over the explosive diarrhea. What the hell.

Last night Mr. Ibis and I felt the need to get out of the house after dinner, so (at my request) we stopped by Old Navy to see their maternity wear. They didn't have much, but they did have a selection of jeans including a pair that might actually fit me - and as a bonus, they were "Short" length too. I didn't buy them then because the store was closing and I didn't have time to try them on, but at least I know they're there.

We then stopped by a Barnes & Noble with the intention of getting a hot drink and browsing for a while. Only, did you know Starbucks has a whopping TWO decaffeinated teas to choose from? Peppermint and Orange Cranberry, that's it. Those were the only decaf drinks they had aside from coffee, and coffee still turns my stomach, so I just had to pass. In the bookstore I found a gift for my sister, who just graduated from elementary school, and Mr. Ibis and I perused the children's book section together. We found a copy of the book he bought for two of his friends when they had their first babies - The Little Big Book for Moms - and as it turns out they have one for dads, too. We will definitely be purchasing those at some point before baby is born.

On the way home from this excursion, I started to feel really horrible. My lower back and the fronts of my thighs were killing me, likely because of the work I did yesterday (kneeling on a scaffolding glazing two ceilings). On top of it my guts were cramping something awful, I was nauseous, and I had a headache. Mr. Ibis was worried for me - what I try to do when I feel hideous is describe my symptoms to him in detail so he knows what I'm feeling, and then also reassure him that it's just fatigue/gas/whatever and nothing dangerous. When we got home, I pooped and had a glass of water - that took care of the cramping. And then got right into bed, which took care of the muscle aches. I was also starving and my stomach was rumbling, but I needed to sleep much more than I needed to eat. This morning we slept to a whopping 9:15, and felt a whole lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment