On Saturday Mr. Ibis had to work a half day, so I "slept in," which for me these days means sleeping until 8am. Gone are the days when I could sleep until 11... now my bladder and belly are placing demands on me by 8 at the very latest. I read in bed for a little while, and then Mr. I came home and we did our usual Saturday routine of bringing his stepdad to dialysis and doing our grocery shopping.
When we got home, I just barely managed to get the groceries put away before running completely out of steam. We have this large ottoman - it goes with our loveseat - that we keep in the dining room because the living room is so small. I laid down on the ottoman and couldn't move. I ended up falling asleep there and slept for about a half an hour... on an ottoman. Eventually Mr. I had to go pick up his stepdad so he picked me up and put me on the couch. I fell back asleep for who knows how long... it must have been 45 minutes to an hour. I woke up when Mr. I got home and couldn't move. I just couldn't bear to move a muscle, the fatigue was so overpowering.
Somehow I rallied and we went to have a Father's Day dinner with Mr. I's family. It's always a little relaxing to be around people who actually know I'm pregnant, which at this point is just his family, since mine is far away. It's fun to chat with the ladies about things like food aversions and cravings. My sister in law said she had a friend who couldn't stand even the smell of mint. Her mom said with one of her pregnancies she had a mad craving for steamed clams, which she'd never even eaten before.
At this stage my list of food aversions is far longer than my list of cravings. Actually I don't really have cravings per se, just ideas for foods that might soothe the nausea a little - chiefly, fruit juice and fruit popsicles and fruit candies. I can also tolerate light, Asian noodle dishes pretty well. Oh, I did have that craving for hot dogs, but it seems to have passed. Now all food is so treacherous that I really don't crave anything... generally, thinking of food at all makes me feel ill. Hopefully again this is the peak of morning sickness and I will begin to enjoy eating someday soon.
After the family dinner, we came home and pretty much went to bed. I summoned up the nerve to have sex with my husband, and though I will admit I was still tense throughout, I've still had no spotting at all, so maybe I can get over that particular fear in the near future.
Yesterday... oh, yesterday I was a wreck. We woke up at 8am again. Ate breakfast. I made my way back to the bed to read and snooze a little. Got up and ate again. Lay about on the couch whining about being tired but wanting to get some chores done. Lay about on the other couch for a while. Went on the internet for a bit. Fell asleep on the loveseat for an hour or more. Got up and whined about being so tired, and then the nausea came rolling in... I was a joy to behold, really. The most productive thing I managed to do all day was wash my own body in the shower. Oh, I did make a very simple dinner of plain soba noodles with sauteed tofu and bok choy. That was my crowning achievement.
I talked to my dad yesterday... I was going to ask him about the epoxy thing, because he's a painter too and knows a ton about that kind of stuff, but he was so distracted on the phone I didn't even bother to try. I love my dad, but he's one of those people who's most content when life is an absolute whirlwind of chaos. He was talking to several other people in the background and I could hardly tell when he was speaking to me, never mind listening to me. So maybe another time.


No comments:
Post a Comment