Sunday, August 23, 2009

Date Night

Mr. Ibis and I had a nice date night yesterday. Actually, the whole day was pleasant. After he got home from Daddy Boot Camp, we went downtown to find a birthday present for my little sister who's turning 14 soon. It was just a beautiful day to be out and about, walking around in the sunshine. After that we did our grocery shopping at Whole Foods and Target. Mr. I noticed that people were doing double takes at my belly everywhere we went. I've started to get so used to it that I don't notice as much, but I did catch some people gawking. I think it's partly because I don't look pregnant until you catch me from the side and suddenly you see the bump - hehe.

Oh, a side note I meant to include about baby movement: the baby always moves when I'm in the car. Even more so when I'm driving, but also when I'm a passenger. I think it's probably something about the vibration of the engine, and having the seatbelt across my belly so I can feel everything better.

Later we went out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants - a natural foods restaurant that, though not vegetarian, has mostly vegetarian dishes and organic and local foods. We ordered the same thing - a black bean veggie burger with tempeh "bacon," soy cheddar, and sour cream and chive fries. Soooo good. We ate outside on the patio because it was still unbelievably gorgeous outside. And speaking of gorgeous, my husband was looking especially sexy to me, so I told him he looked hot. He thinks he's gained weight lately, but I say if he has it's all muscle. I think he looks great in a tshirt and jeans, with a fresh shave.

I think some of those feel-good pregnancy hormones are kicking in, because lately I feel extra in love with my husband and strangely maternal toward my dog. Sometimes I look at my dog and he looks so unbearably cute to me, I want to squoosh him and eat him.

After dinner we were feeling guilty about leaving the Unicorn home alone so much this weekend (we were out for 6 hours on Friday night working at a party) so we stopped home and dropped him off at Mr. I's mom's house on our way to the movies. We saw Inglourious Basterds, which I enjoyed watching, though I don't think it was a very good movie - I don't know if that makes any sense. It was not unenjoyable, yet as a film I thought it was a bit of a mess. Still, it was fun to get out to see a movie, since besides the documentary we saw a few weeks ago, we haven't done much of that lately.

After the movie we went to pick up the Unicorn and visited with the in-laws for a few minutes. My mother-in-law asked if I minded when she pats my belly, and I said no, so I guess that's a regular thing now. I don't mind it, but it is kind of awkward. Whatever. They gave us a box of diapers (!) and a very cute fleece sleeper. I really love unisex baby clothes - I almost feel a little sad that we're going to tell everyone the baby's sex and start getting a bunch of either pink or blue soon. In most cases I think the gender neutral stuff is far cuter, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment