For me it wasn't technically a stranger - it's a woman I know who works in my field, but we only run into each other a few times a year. We're working on the same job right now. Yesterday when I started, I noticed she was glancing at my belly. Today she came in to chat and just came out and asked me, "Are you pregnant?"
I was so excited to have been spotted. I smiled wide and said, "Yes I am! I'm four months along." She kind of bugged her eyes out looking at my bump - I am hoping that means she thinks I'm still small and not that I'm huge for four months, lol. She kind of backpedaled and said, "I'm sure some people would ask me the same thing..." but I didn't mind. She is not the only person who's been doing double takes lately so I guess I must be starting to show.
She was really nice, asking about when we're going to find out the sex, congratulating me. Later as I was moving a small two foot ladder around she joked, "Be careful with that! haha," as if to make fun of people who treat pregnant women like they're made of glass - it was cute.
So, woo hoo! I feel like my pregnancy has been publicly acknowledged in a new way, if that's not being too overdramatic about it. It was fun.


1 comment:
That's awesome!! I can't wait for that.
Post a Comment