I got the AFP blood draw - this is the test that looks for neural tube defects. She felt my belly and said that (once again, as always) I am measuring a little ahead - the fundus (top of the uterus) is just about at my belly button now, which is the height for 20 weeks! Yikes! The baby's always measured with my due date, so I guess this is just something about my anatomy. At my next appointment in 4 weeks she will begin belly measurements. She didn't say anything about my weight gain, which is 3 lbs so far, so I'm guessing that's okay.
I asked her about the tightening feeling I had the other day, and she said that did sound like Braxton Hicks. She said it was a little early to feel that, but then I was measuring a little ahead, so.... She said it can happen if I overexert myself and/or get dehydrated, so easy does it and drink plenty of water, "especially with what you do for a living." (Ironically it happened on a day off but I did totally overdo it that day on yardwork.) And I should call her if it starts happening frequently.
And finally the most exciting part... I scheduled the "big" ultrasound! She said I could either wait 4 weeks to do it with her, or go to the Imaging Center in 2 weeks. Of course I chose the latter... she said they will give us a DVD of the ultrasound, which is so awesome. August 25th - I seriously can't wait.


No comments:
Post a Comment