And it started out with a bang, or rather, a shriek and a startle. I was having a super creepy nightmare about a strange figure lurking in the dark room while I was trying to sleep. One of those where you try to scream but nothing comes out. I woke up gasping and practically jumping out of bed, which of course work up Mr. Ibis too. We saw that it was only a half hour from when the alarm was set to go off, so we just got up early.
Even so, I feel awake and energetic this morning. I was a bad girl and skipped yoga on Sunday and Monday, and amazingly, I could feel it. My back was all messed up yesterday. So today I did my yoga and feel a lot better already. Lesson learned.
If the mailman is on time today I will be getting a new cell phone this morning, which will be perfect timing so I can make all the necessary phone calls after the ultrasound. I am a cheap bastard who always buys the cheapest phone available, and also an idiot who decided not to get insurance. So after one year with my cheap phone, I dropped it in a bucket of paint - with one year to go before my next upgrade. It sounds like I'm talking through a tin can from a mile away when I call people. Then Mr. I dropped his phone and it got run over by a car, which screwed up his battery in some way that made it start dying at a rapid pace. Because he was SO INSANELY STRESSED OUT about this I traded batteries with him. Now my phone has paint in all the holes, only works when it's plugged it to the wall, and shuts off randomly several times a day. Super awesome. Can't wait to get my new phone... and insure the damn thing!
Yesterday I cleaned the house, bought my Grandma a present, and started painting some window sashes in our house that are old and chipping. Today I am mailing my sister's present, faxing a bid, and then guzzling water before my big appointment. Hopefully if I stay busy the time will pass quickly and I won't have too many opportunities to sit around worrying and what-iffing.
I'm really, really hoping the ultrasound tech will give us some clue as to whether things are looking okay. I know the tech is not really supposed to tell us anything, but unlike with the NT scan, I don't think there will a doctor or radiologist present to interpret the ultrasound. I just want a little reassurance, even if it's a token gesture. After this I'm going to have to wait for my doctor to call and I don't know how long that will take. Another not-so-fun aspect is that this time the ultrasound is taking place in the radiology center where I got the miscarriage followup ultrasound, an unhappy memory I will try hard not to think of too much today.
I'll post again late this afternoon when we get back home!


2 comments:
Can't wait to here how it goes. I hope the time passed quick enough!!
DH and I are both treating ourselves to new mobile phones this week. Ours are both 2 years old and getting rather tempramental.
The code word for the my last message was 'MACHO' which I'm thinking is a sign to say you're having a boy!
Post a Comment