Friday, September 25, 2009

Hypnobirthing take two

This morning I listened to my Marie Mongan "Relaxation" track again, for the second time. Yesterday when I did it I did feel very relaxed and calm, but today was different - I think I actually fell into a "deep relaxation" state of hypnosis! It was crazy.

The track guides you through relaxing your face and then your body, and then instructs you to visualize walking down a hallway and opening the door to a room, which is your Sanctuary. You sit in a comfortable chair in the room, then you go to a control panel where there is a "peace" valve and you turn the valve all the way to peace, calm, and comfort. Then you sit in your chair for a moment and Marie tells you you can either go to sleep, or leave the room and return to your surroundings feeling relaxed and energized.

The first time I listened to it I listened all the way through and just let my body become fully relaxed. This time when I listened to it, the last thing I clearly remember is turning the peace valve. Then my mind went to another place. I wasn't asleep, because I remember I could still hear Marie talking the entire time and I thought about a couple of the things she said, but it was like she was talking to me from another room, or another world. I wasn't thinking of anything at all, I was just totally inside - I don't know how to describe it. But as soon as she told me to return to my surroundings, I did, just like that.

So cool. I guess I am easily hypnotized or something because I never expected it to work that quickly! I'm supposed to listen to it every day and it's supposed to work more quickly and bring me to a point where I can do it myself without listening to the track. It would be so awesome if I could get into that state while giving birth. I'm excited about it now.

We have our doula interview tomorrow afternoon and I can't wait. I want to think up some questions for her, and I know she's going to help us write a birth plan. I think it's going to be fun, and we will probably end up hiring her....

No comments:

Post a Comment