Now, boring is good. I realize that. It just doesn't make for good blogging.
I guess I should start tackling the rest of my to-do list. Finding daycare. Finding a pediatrician. Oh, how much fun that will be. I did email about 4 or 5 daycares last week and their websites all said they would contact me within 24-48 hours. Only one replied, to tell me she had no openings (even though her website said she did). Off to a good start!
Mr. Ibis and I went to this horrid work cocktail party type affair last night. I busted out a pre-pregnancy dress with an empire waistline that looked pretty cute with a baby bump inside. While we were standing around out front waiting for a colleague of mine to show up, a bunch of ladies standing there made a big fuss about finding me a chair to sit in. I can still stand up on my feet, believe it or not. But I sat down just to make them hush up. Mr. I joked, "Oh yes, she'd better sit down... I think her water just broke. She's going to have the baby here at the party!" All the ladies stared at me, bug-eyed, and started exclaiming, "Oh my god! Oh no, don't do that, please!" I was like, DUDES, settle down, I have four months left and you are kind of making me feel like a cow by implying that I look like I could give birth at any minute. What the eff.
So, these work cocktail parties are bad enough to begin with... everyone is so unfriendly and cliquey and I can't stand it at all. But on top of it I was pregnant so I couldn't even drink to take the edge of the horror off. But hey, there was free food. We had some appetizers and then laid into the desserts, which, if I'd had any idea how good they were I probably would have skipped the appetizers. I had a chocolate chip cookie that ruled and a little thing that was like a chocolate cup filled with chocolate mousse topped with a fresh raspberry. I'm not even normally that much of a sweets person, but lately I'm on a chocolate thang and those desserts were amazing.
Then we just snuck out the back of the party and went home. I'm so lucky that I have a husband who comes to these things with me... they are always awful and he never complains even a little bit.


No comments:
Post a Comment