I figured that was the end of that and we were back to Miles... but no. Apparently Mr. I chatted with one of our friends from back East on Facebook Friday night and she said Miles is too trendy. Now, we've had at least two dozen other people say they like the name, but this one friend says it's trendy and she already knows three Mileses, and Mr. I is off the name. Even though we don't live there anymore, we live in Nebraska where I'm pretty sure there aren't a lot of Mileses, the friend isn't even like our best friend or anything, and I wasn't aware that we needed to have a name that NO ONE else has. SIGH.
Now we're going through the baby name book again. I'm not exactly sure why I even mind going over names again... before our big ultrasound I thought it might be fun to go through them again just to be sure. But now that we've tried out Miles and called him that for a couple of weeks, I'm annoyed to make him be nameless again and start all over. I know we have plenty of time but I was kind of enjoying being able to call him something besides "the baby." I've taken to calling him "Anonymous" now.
Other options currently on the table, if you want to weigh in, are Marcus (we like) and Casey (a family name on my side), and Miles is still in it (but perhaps slightly tarnished).


2 comments:
Miles is getting more popular but I definitely wouldn't call it trendy. I checked babynames.com and its #76 for boys names. low enough on the list to not be considered "trendy" IMO.
I personally prefer Marcus to Miles, although both are good names I think.
Although I have to say, I wouldn't consider Miles trendy, I don't think I've ever met a single "Miles", young or old.
Post a Comment