Friday, September 4, 2009

Nursery In Progress

Here are a few photos I took after painting the baby's room today.

This is the view from the doorway, looking to the left back corner.

That is where we're putting the crib, which by the way will be the Gulliver from Ikea:


Not sure yet if we will choose the white or natural finish. I like to mix finishes, but we'll see.

This is a closer look at the paintings I did (two out of three of them). Also you can see more of the blue ceiling.


The changing table is just to the left of the doorway, opposite where the crib will be. Changing tables are not necessary items, but we saw this at Goodwill the first time I was pregnant and snatched it up on sale for $15. Also pictured is the practically new bouncy seat we bought for $5 at a yard sale. We told ourselves blue would work for a girl too, but I'm telling I had mother's intuition!

The Snoopy doll was mine as a kid, ditto for the Snoopy pillow, the doll, and the stuffed lion on top of the table. In the middle is all of Miles's clothes and blankets so far, and diapers are on the bottom. We probably won't use this for his clothes but for now that's where they are.

This is on the wall to the right. It's my least favorite painting and so I put it where it will be in my line of view the least often. Right now we have a bookcase there, and I think we could easily use it for clothes and blankets, but if Mr. Ibis really wants a dresser instead we can change that out.


So that's it so far. I like the cream, because now we can do something a little fun with the curtains and crib sheets, and a cute throw rug too (we have wood floors). The room is pretty full. I don't know if we're going to try to stuff a glider in there or what. It's a small room - we have a small house. No way around that besides minimizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment