Monday, October 26, 2009

It's cookie time!

I do not have gestational diabetes. *Phew*

The test was gnarly. I brought a book that was totally boring but luckily I also brought my ipod so I listened to some podcasts and that kept me occupied pretty well.

The glucose drink was gross. Different from the first one - more syrupy and thick. For the first hour I felt a little nauseated and just assed out and nasty. For the second hour I totally crashed and could barely keep my eyes open... may have dozed off a bit. The third hour was the easiest because although I was starting to get antsy, I also started to feel more like a human being.

After it was over I headed to a coffee shop and ordered a decaf cappuccino and ate the peanut butter sandwich I'd packed with me. Much better.

I am immensely relieved that I don't have GD. This makes me feel like there is a better chance I won't have a giant monster baby and can have the natural birth I want... fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment