Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Random Thoughts

No news is good news. Nothing much to report today. I usually have my OB appointments on Wednesdays, but since I thought I would be working today, I made it for tomorrow. Of course now I have today off and am supposed to work tomorrow - oh well.

My doctor and my books say that baby's movement will start to change around now, from kicks to more rolling movements. Well, my baby is still finding ways to kick, or at least elbow & knee jab me pretty hard. He spent most of yesterday punching me in the butthole. I know that doesn't sound possible, but believe me, it is. His movements are definitely stronger now and sometimes prompt a startled OOF! when he gets me really good. And I love every kick, even the ones to my bum.

I'm eager to get to my appointment tomorrow and even more anxious to get that growth ultrasound, which I think will be in another two weeks. I hope that Miles isn't too big, but even more than that I want to be reassured that my fluid level is okay.

I got some good news the other day, which is that my proposal was approved for a big job I bid for this month. The approval came through kind of last minute and I'm supposed to start Monday. I'm really nervous about it because it's big, involves scaffolding and ladders, I'm pregnant, I'm hiring a new assistant and really hope that works out, and this is a new designer that I really want to impress. But getting this job is so huge for us. And I also have a probable job for December, which is awesome. I can't wait to take my leave, but bringing in some more money is still so needed and this is really going to help us out.

When I finish this first big job I'm going to reward myself by cashing in my free prenatal massage with our doula. I've only had one professional massage ever and I'm so excited to get a prenatal massage, especially after I will have been working really hard for two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment