Next week I'll have off, and then I'm double booked for the following week. So I will mostly be working at one job and have my assistant doing another one for me. I should make a little off the top of the second job if my assistant works at a good pace.
Mr. Ibis is totally worn out, physically and mentally, at work. I think he's a bit sleep deprived but he thinks he is fighting a cold - maybe it's both. I feel bad for him because although usually he likes his job, it's physically demanding and currently he is underpaid so sometimes it just doesn't feel worth it. The company is coming up on a year anniversary of a company-wide 10% pay cut. With no real end in sight except "hopefully next year." Morale at the company is in the toilet. Two drivers have recently quit to find better jobs. I asked Mr. I just to hang on until the baby is born so that's what he's doing - but his boss knows he's going to start looking around in January. Meanwhile the people at the top are either totally clueless, or apathetic, or both. They just don't care. They're doing fine financially (we are FB friends with a VP and see he's off on some vacation almost every month). If they lose all their employees, oh well, they'll just hire more temps. Tough shit for the middle class worker, I guess.
Tonight is my shower. I'm kind of looking forward to it, but also expecting it to be pretty awkward and possibly borderline excruciating. The host is a work friend, and the only guests are going to be my mother in law and my sister in law. Seriously. Three people plus me. And a fairly odd mix too. But hey... there will be presents. I like presents.
Tomorrow is what I'm really looking forward to - my growth ultrasound. My gut feeling is that the baby's size is going to be totally normal. I just can't wait to get another peek at him in there. Another chance to be reassured that everything looks good - I realize that in the 12 weeks since my anatomy scan I've gotten a lot better at just believing that it's all okay. But sometimes I still think what if and get anxious about it again. So this will be good, another boost to get me through the rest of pregnancy.


No comments:
Post a Comment