It's weird how universal so many of the emotions of pregnancy are. It convinces me more than ever that we are just really smart animals, not as elevated beyond our fundamental biology as we like to think. Even though I'm not physically uncomfortable (for the most part - barring the occasional bad night), I am still getting that "so done being pregnant" feeling, that feeling that I've been pregnant forever and will never not be pregnant again.
My most irritating symptom at this stage, and trust me I know how petty this is, is being a giant butterfingers. I drop things and knock things over about 200 times a day. And of course, when you drop something, it usually lands on the floor. And one thing that really sucks to do right now is pick things up from the floor. It's hard to convey how exasperating this can be, but when you have dropped ONE MORE THING at the end of the day, or better yet dropped the same thing twice at the end of the day, and you once more face the prospect of spreading your legs, squatting down, lunging at the thing with your carpal tunnel fingers, and hoisting yourself upright thus triggering a mighty Braxton Hicks contraction, it just makes you want to scream.
At this point, by the time it's evening I am starting to just let some things stay on the floor, or asking Mr. I to pick them up for me. Which he sometimes says he will do and then forgets to do, and I have to decide if it will annoy me more to ask again or just leave it there. That's why there's been a plastic BRU bag sitting on the kitchen floor for two days, because I asked Mr. I to put it under the sink with the other bags for me, he forgot, I can't deal with asking again OR putting it away, and he has male pattern blindness. Ohhhhh dear I am cranky. I think I am acting reasonably nice for the most part, and I will say that if I'm not, I'm still giving myself credit for only voicing about 5% of the totally irritated thoughts that run through my head, because I DO realize that I'm in an irrationally bitchy state of mind. Please tell me this is a sign of impending labor.
For a little while I was telling myself (and Mr. Ibis) that I thought I was going to "go" early and maybe even the full moon on New Years Eve would propel me into labor, but now I'm thinking I'll probably go to my due date. Those pesky internal exams do have an influence no matter how much you try to tell yourself they don't mean anything. No progress in a week makes me think I'm going to hang out like this for a while.
After work today I'm going to interview a second home daycare option. Not getting my hopes up. Then tonight we are having a postponed Christmas dinner with Mr. I's family - hopefully I won't be too much of a Bitchasaurus this evening.


No comments:
Post a Comment