Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cranky Pants

I feel duty bound to state up front that I am still extremely grateful and happy to be pregnant. This time last year I was about 7 weeks along and a couple of weeks away from losing that baby. So I will never forget that I am LUCKY to be a big huge uncomfortable pregnant lady.

Now, indulge me in some big huge pregnant lady complaining:

1. I am no longer sleeping well. I suppose those blissful nights had to come to an end and better to end before the baby actually gets here. However, the nights have become long and restless and somewhat painful.

2. New symptom: numbness in my hands. I'm not sure if it's carpal tunnel or just run of the mill swelling, and it doesn't really matter. All I know is that my hands were going numb and tingly last night, like when you were a kid did you ever wrap a string or rubber band around your finger until it felt like it was going to explode? My whole hands feel like that in certain positions. This morning it was happening from the way I was holding a book. Fun.

3. Stress about work. More than a month after I finished a job and having been told repeatedly that the client was thrilled, the client is now unhappy. I'm told that they "spent a lot of money on it and just don't love it." This is my problem how???? If you buy a couch and slowly realize that you're not in love, do you call up the couch manufacturer and tell them to come reupholster it for free? Fuck. So I woke up in the middle of the night STRESSING out about this. I meet with them in a week so that's a whole week of freaking out for me. I hate my clients sometimes.

4. It's eight degrees this morning. As opposed to yesterday's three. What the effing fuck? I hate winter. I am seriously hating on Nebraska right now. Hate, hate.

5. Obviously, I am hormonal and grouchy. I'm resentful that I have to work at all, even though I'm just doing some easy office work this week. I have baby related things to do, and Christmas shopping, and it seems like I STILL have no time to do them even though I'm "not really" working anymore. I had a dream last night that I visited my daycare choice and it was a huge dud, and I'm irritated about that, EVEN THOUGH IT WASN'T REAL. I came home late from work last night and my dog was insanely happy to see me but all I did was yell at him for barking. I skipped the La Leche meeting last night because I was too damn tired, and now I feel guilty about it, which is ridiculous. Mr. I asked me if I was going to make it to the post office today to mail our Xmas cards (because otherwise he could do it) and I snapped, "I REALLY CAN'T GUARANTEE THAT I'M GOING TO MAKE IT TO THE POST OFFICE TODAY!!" Cranky, cranky, cranky.

I have to say... when I was earlier in my pregnancy, especially in the first trimester when I was still so scared and felt like I was clinging for dear life to pregnancy, I soooo did not understand third trimester women and their bitchy rants. I felt like yelling at them, you're so close to seeing your baby, be happy! I would give anything to be where you are! I now know... it's the hormones, baby. There's something about this end stage - not for everyone, I'm sure, but obviously it's pretty common - that makes you practically homicidal at times. I just want the WHOLE WORLD to leave me alone. Fortunately I am still being nice to my husband and hopefully I can hang on to that, at least.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

OH my gosh, you have spoken the very words I have been thinking... I'm 37 weeks today, and have just started feeling all of these crappy symptoms: not sleeping, numb/tingly hands (my right ring finger is perpetually tingly now, for 4 days straight), crankiness, etc. I even skipped the La Leche meeting that I was supposed to go to last night, and it was the last chance to get to one before I go into labor. Oh, well- I was writing thank-you notes, and I still have 65+ to write at this point. Eye-roll. It helps to know there are other people out there who are going through the same thing- the holidays certainly don't help at this point.

Post a Comment