Friday, December 18, 2009

More To-Do Items

Yesterday work was canceled so I was able to cross a few more things off my to-do list.

I went to Goodwill to buy some cheap black yoga/lounge pants to wear in the hospital, pants I won't mind getting bloody and ruined. I spent a good amount of time poring over the racks, picking things up, comparing, putting them back. I walked out with two pairs of soft gaucho-style yoga pants that looked good. One was even maternity, how perfect!

I got them home, cut the tags, washed them, dried them, went to fold them, and... wtf? One of the pairs is XXL. I am a medium at my heaviest. They're WAY too big for me. Way, way, way. I have no idea what happened to me in the store, was I hallucinating? I laughed and laughed at these pants and then laughed again when Mr. I came home and saw them and laughed at them too. At least they only cost $4. But now I have to donate them back to Goodwill and buy another pair.

While I was out I called Sue the daycare lady again to see if I could come over. I figured a 5 minute warning would be almost as good as a drop-in. But she didn't answer the phone. She returned my call at almost 9pm last night and explained that she'd been on vacation in Mexico, and on top of that got sick with a flu, was sick the entire time she was in Mexico, came home a day early because she felt so crappy, and was home sick all day. She is reopening daycare on Monday and at first said I could come by then, but then kind of waffled as she said it might be a little crazy being her first day back after vacation. After that, it's almost Christmas. I said I will just come the following week. Not feeling so good about her now. I definitely have to look into some other options, but I'll visit her and see. I'm getting the impression that she's a bit chaotic, and that really wouldn't mesh well with my style and how I want Miles's life to be.

We'll see. I'm four weeks out from my due date and I don't have child care yet, but I'm oddly serene about this. It's funny how the littlest thing going wonky at work stresses me out bigtime, but baby prep does not stress me out. At least not yet. Maybe when he gets here it will be a different story.

I also bought a nursing bra yesterday. I was looking for a 32D but the best I could do was 34D. It's really hard to find nursing bras in small band sizes, and I do not want to fool around with ordering off the internet and having to return twenty thousand things right now. I think the 34D will actually be okay - it seemed to fit when I tried it on in the store. But I do have a terrible track record with bras. I always think they're great the first time I put them on, and then quickly grow to hate them. I have four bras in my dresser right now and I hate each and every one.

I've really fallen down on the book reviewing in this blog, despite the fact that I've read a couple of good ones in the past couple of months. I still want to write about Birth Day and Milk Memos and now I'm reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. I'll get on it soon.

3 comments:

Caz said...

I'll take those yoga trousers (pants) from you, xxl seems my size about now!
You're right to have reservations on the childcare lady. If you normally lead a calm/organised life then you need to maintain that balance even if Miles appearing does create a little chaos at first!

I hope the last 4 weeks fly by.. he'll soon be here!

Rachel W. said...

Just a piece of unsolicited advice - I would return the nursing bra and go with a nursing tank at first. My boobs grew about 4 sizes in the two days after I had the baby! I was glad to just have a nursing tank and then went and bought the bra later.

Ibis said...

Thanks R - it's too late on the bra, I already washed it (I'm impatient like that!). I am hoping this one will work, the band fits on the tightest loops and the cups are a bit too big... we'll see! If not it will just join the pile of bra rejects in my dresser, lol.

Post a Comment