Friday, February 12, 2010

Low Moment

I cried all the way through Miles's 7 am feeding today. It still hurts... A LOT.

Last night sucked. His meal at midnight hurt like hell and he kept yelling and crying even while I was still feeding him. Wouldn't go back to sleep. Mr. I has a day off so I took the opportunity to sleep in my own bed again but that didn't really work out because apparently Miles wanted to go downstairs... another night on the couch for me... I could deal with the sleep issues if breastfeeding wasn't almost unbearable pain-wise much of the time. It's seriously like a form of torture at times: hey lady, I know you just got to sleep for about a half hour, but it's time to wake up again and have an angry baby chew on your raw nipples for another hour, NOW!

I really need to get to La Leche next week. I need help!!

1 comment:

danious said...

This may be a dumb question but have you tried a nipple sheild? I just realized you may have mentioned trying this in a previous entry that I haven't read yet, but I'll mention it anyways.
A sheild made a huge, huge difference for me when my son was born. I never went anywhere without it. It gave them enough time to heal. I was afraid to try bf-ing without it for a while, but after a couple weeks I did and I haven't had to use it since.
I'm sure you've heard the suggestion before but I couldn't believe the difference it made for me. I was in tears during every feeding also.

Post a Comment