Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ready for the weekend

Miles turned one month old yesterday! We have been taking photos of him daily, and of course, on his one month "birthday" I didn't get a chance. I took lots of pictures of him with my family members but none of just him. Oh well. Here's a random pic from the past week:

(Poor little guy broke out in some wicked baby acne this week but it's cleared up somewhat since I took that photo.)

My dad, stepmom, and sisters came into town last night. We haven't seen them for over a year, and this is the first time anyone in my family has met Miles. It was so much fun to introduce them, and everyone clamored over who got to hold the baby. My dad and stepmom are really great, they are so good to talk to, so caring and sympathetic. I just wish they were closer. I think my dad is practically ready to move out here after being here for less than 24 hours, but my stepmom doesn't want to leave her family that far behind (understandably).

Miles is giving everyone baby fever... beware, if you want to remain on birth control stay away from us. My niece and nephew started begging their mom for a baby when they last saw him, and my dad last night asked stepmom if she's done having babies. My sister in law started talking about baby number two just after seeing his photos on Face.book. This kid is dangerous!

Nursing is going better for us already. I picked up my prescription quad cream, I'm taking my ibuprofen, and I'm trying to move back to nursing after pumping quite a bit. Actually I think that the pumping really, really helped give my nips a chance to recover a little - the cracks are looking better but not 100%. Nursing is so much easier, though, and I'm already sick of constantly washing out bottles and pump parts. I don't know how exclusive pumpers do it - I'm too lazy.

My right breast is still pretty sore and for some reason Miles doesn't like it that much - he fusses sometimes on there, and pulls and pinches it more. But the left one is doing great. Last night in bed I managed to use the side-lying hold and nurse him while lying in bed - it was comfortable enough that I even dozed off for a moment. How sweet is that... if I could get it to be comfortable on the other side too I will use that all the time.

We have a busy week ahead of us with the fam. Some friends of the family lent us their house for the week so my family is staying there and have a whole house to themselves, with TVs, video games, the works. Fortunately my family is on just as skinny a budget as we are, so we're all going to keep it cheap this week as we hang out. We don't want to go stir crazy with all the snow penning us in, but we'll find fun things to do that don't break the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment