Saturday, March 27, 2010

Romantical

We made it - another Saturday. Mr. Ibis should be home from his out of town job soon. He'll want to nap for a couple of hours. It's raining out so we'll probably have a lazy day, maybe go grocery shopping.

I had a dream last night that Mr. I got home from work and went out to sit on the front porch and text message people without even saying hello to me. This is something he'd never do in reality but I think the dream reflects my low-lying worry about maintaining intimacy with my husband now that we're both so busy with work and the baby.

I love him more than ever and I will say that adjusting to life with a baby has been a lot easier on our marriage than I feared it might. There were some minor bumps in the beginning when he was nervous about handling a newborn and I felt like I was doing it all. But now - he's very understanding about how much I have to do on a daily basis, and when he's here he plows through the to-do list like a champ, to give me a little relief from it all.

I feel like we are still connecting a lot, still talking, still hugging and kissing, and enjoying being parents together. I suppose I just feel guilty about the inactivity in the sexual department. Honestly, the one time we tried it freaked me out. I know I have to get back on that horse, but ohhh the pain. Still, we could do Other Things. We just haven't made time. And truthfully... it is still hard for me to get into the mindset of sex. All day and night it's baby, baby, baby. Making the switch over to feeling amorous is difficult... it's almost as though I can't even find the doorway into that frame of mind anymore. I'm attracted to my husband, I think he's sexy, I could kiss him for hours, but that's kind of where the story ends as far as my libido is concerned. I guess I need more time to transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment