Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday

Okay, I edited yesterday's soapbox a little bit. I was in a horrible mood yesterday. Not that much better today, I'm afraid. But better enough not to get all self-righteous about vegetarianism.

I don't know what my problem is. I guess I'm in a bad mood because it's Monday, I have to go to work every day this week, and Miles has to go to daycare for 4 days (home with dad on Thursday). I know I am pathetic... for a working mom I have it easy. But I still feel so sad bringing him to daycare. Ugh. It is depressing.

I'm still riding the fence about cloth diapers. It does sound like a lot of extra work to me... maybe I'm just lazy? I'm telling you half the time I can't even get the Diaper Genie emptied. We make an insane amount of laundry already, I don't know why. I think we did four loads yesterday and that's on top of probably four more I did during the week. So when people say "I only do one load a day" or every other day, that sounds like kind of a lot to me. On the days when I'm home alone, it's all I can do to get everyone fed and into their jammies before bedtime. I don't do anything after Miles goes to bed because right now I go to bed with him. (I know, I know. It's bad.)

There's one other small logistical problem which is that people are telling me you need to wash in cold and then hot. We don't have hot water hooked up to the washing machine at all. Our hot water hookup leaks and fixing that is whole other ball of wax I don't even want to get into. I'm also wondering about the hanging up to dry stuff, which is another chore unto itself. So - fence riding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I CD about 50% of the time and use disposibles the other 50% (mostly overnight, when we're out, when I'm feeling lazy, etc.). For the reasons listed above, I'd reccomend just shopping the sales and going with disposibles. I got our bumgenius 3.0 pocket diapers really cheap from someone on CraigsList ($11/diaper instead of the regular $25+) so I don't feel bad about doing it only part of the time as it was not that huge an investment. And there are days when I totally get lazy and don't feel like creating laundry so he's in disposibles all day. Maybe keep your eyes open for some cheap ones on CraigsList so you could try it out without breaking the bank?

Post a Comment