I felt like a bad mommy yesterday since I was home alone with Miles and had to keep putting him down to tend to an online crisis. One of the regulars on the message board that I moderate seemed to be having a psychotic break and we couldn't tell if she was suicidal or in danger since she was making very little sense. Thankfully that seems to have ended well and she got to a hospital but I was very distracted all afternoon and evening... my poor little one.
Mr. Ibis is coming home this morning and has three days off if you count today. We're going to hang out with his mom this afternoon so that we (and most especially I) do not have to go anywhere tomorrow.
I told Mr. Ibis that all I want for Mother's Day is breakfast in bed. This is one of the visions of my future that I've had since I was a child myself: a husband and kids who would bring me breakfast in bed on Mother's Day. I always wanted to do that for my mom when I was a kid, but she slept really late and didn't like eating breakfast, so it didn't go over too well. I, however, will love and am looking forward to it!


No comments:
Post a Comment