I know the g's are not the most popular, fashionable, and perhaps not the most well made cloth diapers on the market. But they're working for us. Mr. Ibis likes them, I like them, Miles is fine with them, everyone's happy.
One of the really great things about them is the price. I think we can get by with a total of 18 cloth inserts since we aren't sending any to daycare (he only goes 2 or 3 days a week for 6 hours days so we're not going to ask Judy to use them - it would just be more expense for us, really). Right now we have 6 pants with liners and 6 cloth inserts for a total of $105. Two more 6-packs of inserts and a few extra liners would be handy, bringing us to under $200 for a complete setup. That compares favorably to most of the other brands I've priced out around $300-400 for everything you need, unless you do the super cheap prefolds.
Some people use prefolds in their g's but I find the gcloth inserts to be really really nice and I want more of them. They are microfleece on the side that touches the baby and hemp on the back, and just get softer and fluffier every time they're washed. I'm not sure if they would fit in other diapers, pocket dipes maybe, but it may be worth checking out for people who are curious. They cost $30 for a 6 pack though you can sometimes find them for $25 on sale here and there.
My only worry about the g's is whether they're going to make it all the way to potty training and through the possible baby #2, due to the fact that they have velcro closures and the liners don't seem like the sturdiest things in the world - but you can replace those without buying new pants entirely. (If you are confused, gdipes are a three part system. The outer pants, the snap-in waterproof liner, and an absorbent insert of paper or cloth.)


No comments:
Post a Comment