Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday

That book is so great. Seriously. I keep wanting to run to the computer to post up another quotation, but I'll just review it when I'm finished.

I have a crazy day ahead. It was set to be busy anyway but then a colleague volunteered me to do another small job on top of the job I already have. Sweet! At least Mr. I comes home today and can pick up the kid if I need more time at work. Because I love working late, so much.

Have I mentioned round these parts that my birthday is in a few weeks? I'll be 32. Gulp. Mr. Ibis has suggested that we go away for a night, since his days off conveniently fall on the weekend near my birthday. We'll see how the budget looks (still paying hospital bills). I asked him for a porch swing, which is kind of a clunky present, but our front porch is so nice and shady in the hot hot afternoons, it would be nice to sit out there comfortably (instead of perched on the stairs like we do now).

I also think I would like a haircut. That may be my present to myself. I have been cutting my own hair for... gee, I think it'll be ten years now. It started after college when I was jobless and broke, and has just become a habit. It's always either a bob or a pixie cut of some sort. I think I do a pretty good job (and get tons of compliments by people who don't know it's a home job) but it's getting tedious to keep up. At this point I actually prefer my own stylings to the last few pro jobs I've gotten (I've indulged here and there) but just being pampered in that small way sounds rather nice right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment