Sunday, June 13, 2010

Nap through the pain, young man

Miles is amazingly STILL napping upstairs in bed with his daddy, coming up on two hours soon. He has only ever taken a maximum 45 minute nap outside of the swing so this is amazing. And guess what, I broke down and gave him a little half-dose of Tylenol as I was putting him down this afternoon. Maybe he has more teething pain than I realized? He only complains and seems like his teeth hurt once in a while but perhaps he's just good at sucking it up. Poor little man. I am really not a fan of giving a baby medication, but sometimes you have to make that call.

This teething business is insane. It is remarkable how many things I didn't know about babies before having one. And one of my sisters was born when I was 17 and still in high school so it's not as though I was totally unfamiliar with having one around. But somehow I thought that a baby would be "teething" for maybe a week, perhaps two at the most, and then the teeth would pop through. NO. It's been a month now, and from what I'm hearing this could easily drag on for another month or more. Eek.

No comments:

Post a Comment