Saturday, October 9, 2010

New old diapers



I went to a used cloth diaper sale today - so many diapers! (New ones too.) I have been thinking about my nighttime diaper problem and wondering if cloth would perform better than disposable. I have tried before to cloth diaper at night, but it was just too much trouble with the style of diaper I have - the inserts, the snaps, it was just too much for middle of the night diapering and he couldn't make it until morning without one change.

So though I still love the Flips for day, I went to this sale and picked up a couple of different kinds to try for night.

BumGenius 3.0 pocket for $8. You can see the velcro is worn, but it still works. It came with an insert plus a doubler, but I can also use my slightly bigger & thicker gcloth as a doubler, which I am going to try tonight.


Nana's Bottoms AIO for $4. Truthfully I wanted another pocket, but it's not a great time for me to spend money on non-essentials, so I grabbed one of these instead. It's a nice diaper in great condition, but the disadvantage is obvious as that sucker has been out on the line for about three hours now and is still damp. Think I'm going to have to tumble dry this one.


I will update tomorrow on whether this little plan works.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

I've heard great things about stuffing with hemp for night time. I don't have any personal experience, because Elliott isn't old enough to need extra protection yet, but it may be something you want to look in to.

Post a Comment