When I dropped off Miles last week Judy said, "I should warn you, the kids all have colds. Just sniffles and coughs." She made it sound like nothing and I stupidly figured that they must be mostly over it if they were at daycare. Yesterday when I called Judy to tell her that I would NOT be bringing him in sick, she said, "Oh, yeah, [Baby #2] stayed out today with a sinus infection." Really?? Eff you, stupid parents. Two of the kids are siblings and their dad recently lost his job, which tells me that he could have stayed home with the kids even if mom couldn't. But no, send them to daycare, that's really super awesome.
Sorry. I just hate people like that. I'm also a bit annoyed at Judy, whose official policy is not to accept sick kids. Mr. Ibis is more annoyed than me... between Miles getting bashed in the head while she was on the phone, and now this terrible cold, he's pretty unimpressed.
Right now I'm just using saline drops in his nose. Sparingly, because he hates it so much. Nasal aspirator when he can stand it. But at times I am literally holding his arms down (gently) to be able to get some boogers out of his nose. This is a little weird but I'm rubbing lanolin around his raw nostrils to soothe his skin from all the wiping and chapping (it's at hand and it's all natural). Last night he woke up crying three times, which was a lot better than the 7 or 8 times the previous night. I feel so badly for the little guy and I hate listening to him struggle to breathe through a snotty nose at night. The only saving grace so far is that I haven't caught what he has. Knock wood.


3 comments:
Poor Miles, I hope he feels better soon. As for the lanolin, not weird. I used it before a feeding once just because Elliott's lips seemed chapped.
Sad (and frustrating)! Poor Miles and parents....also, you are my freaking hero after reading of your travel back to Omaha. omg.
You've every right to be annoyed at the parents.
Fingers crossed you stay snot free. Husband had his share of the cold 2 weeks ago and finally yesterday it appeared in my system. I am hoping that Oliver doesn't get it!
Don't you just love this time of year?!
Post a Comment