Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hmmm, interesting.

Just a quick post. I read this blog that's AP oriented because, hey, we have some overlapping interests. But as vaccinations are hot in the news lately they put up a piece about the number of vaccines children get now as opposed to in the early 80s.

I left a comment about how I do not personally know anyone who has experience a serious vaccine side effect, but I do know someone (my brother in law) who had HiB as an infant and was very seriously ill - hospitalized and given a spinal tap to test for meningitis. HiB was a relatively common disease, and it caused meningitis in way too many babies before the vaccine came along.

Well, the blog has moderated comments and mine was not approved for publication. Not even after I commented again wondering why my viewpoint wasn't "approved" by the blog. I in no way want to become some sort of vaccine crusader but I find it very curious how anti-vaccine people are so intolerant to other views, at least based on my recent experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment