I woke up early and laid there for a while, tossing and turning, until finally I decided to take a temp even though it was only 4:30. It was 97.7 - way too high for an early temp if I have not ovulated yet! But after that I managed to fall into a good sleep. I had a dream that Mr. Ibis and I were driving around my hometown and I had my baby, a boy, on my lap (how Britney Spears of me). Every time I said "who's my good boy?" he would playfully press his little head against me and I would laugh. I said in the dream, "That's just what The Unicorn does! The Unicorn and Leo..." So in the dream my son's name was Leo; I know this comes from the fact that our first baby was supposed to be born in early August, a Leo star sign.
I woke up again at 7:30 and took my temp again. Now it was 97.9. That actually makes a little more sense, for a two-hour-late temp, but it's still pretty much useless for the purpose of my chart. Ugh. Of course I would be the temping champ right up until the couple of days it actually matters! I'm just going to take another OPK test this afternoon and hopefully we'll have another round of babymaking sex tonight as well. In the future I really need to learn how to chill the fark out in the middle of my cycle - and probably should quit drinking any alcohol at all during these crucial days, because it's just one more thing that messes me up.
Mr. I is currently at orientation for the Big Brothers program. He had an interview last week and it went well. They told him they will probably match him up with someone soon, because they have a great need for Big Brothers - way more women volunteer to be Bigs, and they have a glut of boys who need mentors. I'm so excited for him to get a Little. He decided to do this, he says, mainly because of Obama's call for public service volunteering. I think that maybe also a little of it has to do with losing the pregnancy. When I was pregnant, he talked a lot about all the things he wanted to teach our child. He has shifted a lot of that over to being things he wants to teach his Little now. I think it will be a great outlet for him and I'm looking forward to it at least as much as he is!


No comments:
Post a Comment