Poor Mr. Ibis rallied last night for two in a row (two nights in a row, that is - not twice in a night!), because I told him it was a good night and we kinda should - even though he wasn't particularly eager. Two in a row isn't unheard of - we did it last weekend just for fun - but this week's schedule overall was a little demanding. 4 out of 7 days doesn't sound like a ton of sex, but it's about twice as much as our usual. I think with today's temp and the + OPK being two days past, we can safely put a close to the marathon for this cycle. I don't have a very positive gut feeling about our chances this time, but I'm surprisingly okay with that. It was only our first time trying after miscarriage, and hell, our second time trying ever!
We will probably just chill next cycle and go where the day takes us. I'm not enamored of the idea of having a child whose birthday is close to Christmas, but I don't think I have it in me to actively avoid TTC for a cycle either. I will continue to temp, but not actively try to time sex for conception. We'll just see what happens. It will be a good break, I think, from the dogged pace of this cycle.
In other news, I have no idea when I'll become a mom, but I may become a Big Sister within the next few weeks. Mr. I had his Big Brothers Big Sisters orientation meeting yesterday and found out that they do indeed allow Big Couples to mentor together. So he has to set me up with his case manager (that's not what they call them, but I forget the BBBS terminology) for an interview, and then I have to attend orientation a week from Tuesday. They will set us up with a Little Brother, since they have so many more boys in need than girls, and we will commit to at least six months of mentoring.
I hesitated to sign up as a Big Sister, because I am pretty shy - even with children - and I didn't know if I really had the personality to take a leadership role one-on-one with a child. But doing it with Mr. Ibis is perfect, as he is much better at breaking the ice and I can follow his lead a bit; I also am much more social and outgoing when I'm with him than when I'm alone. We feel that we have a lot to offer a child as mentors, because we have time, we like kids, and we know a million and one ways to have fun without spending a lot of money - just hanging out together and spending some quality time.
I think it will be a good use of my free time that will probably distract me somewhat from the goings-on of my uterus, which, let's face it, are not all that fascinating on a day to day basis.


No comments:
Post a Comment