Friday, February 20, 2009

Funky temp today

Last night was not a good night for babymaking and we skipped it. Thursday nights are our nights that we go to the inlaws' for dinner and watch Survivor with them. We also get home late and tired. Usually we go to bed around 8:30 or 9:00, but on Thursdays we're just getting home at that time, and Mr. Ibis still has to make his lunch for the next day.

So, knowing all of this and that we were "scheduled" to try last night, I took an OPK test in the afternoon and got another obvious negative. I know that some people get negatives and still ovulate, but I figured between that and not having any clearly fertile CM happening, and the fact that CD 12 was still really early for me, I thought we were fine taking the night off.

And of course my temp shot up this morning.



Dammit. I made it an open circle by checking off "sleep deprived," because I slept like absolute shit last night. I was stressed out, dehydrated (had to chug water in the middle of the night), and kept waking up and tossing and turning. The two glasses of wine I had last night might also have affected my temp.

Rationally, I know that could be one wacky temp. I had the - OPK two days in a row, and even though I know everything is different after a miscarriage, I have never in my life had a 24 day cycle. Anything is possible, but that would be very strange for me... usually I'm a 29 or 30 or even longer kind of girl.

So, we'll have to see what today's OPK test and tomorrow's temp will bring. Hopefully we did not miss our window, but I don't know. I'm actually so stressed out about work right now I can hardly spare any extra stress to expend over my chart.

1 comment:

Jen said...

eh, i think you are totally fine w/ your temp. wine can really screw it up.

Post a Comment