Sunday, February 1, 2009

Inauguration.

My miscarriage and babymaking musings have overspilled what can be satisfying by Nesting and Bumping, and there is only one thing left to do: start a blog. Last year, Mr. Ibis and I joked that we would start TTC on Inauguration Day if Obama were elected. As it happened, we jumped the gun, and by January 20th we were already un-pregnant again. Once again, life seems determined to prove just how unpredictable it can be.

A few days before my miscarriage, I remarked to Mr. I that I felt a little too lucky in life. I'd found him, we'd gotten married, we'd bought a house that we loved, and here we were knocked up on our first try. Everything was going so smoothly that surely the other shoe was bound to drop. Of course, in my first trimester bliss, I didn't really believe my own pessimistic words, and yet they were all too prophetic.

On to the matters at hand. I waffled and waffled but ultimately decided not to TTC this cycle right after miscarriage. My doctor said it wouldn't be bad to do so, but when I imagined not having a LMP date and how that would provoke me to obsess over betas and early ultrasounds, I decided to spare myself a wee bit of panic and just wait. I have been charting, though, and I was pleased to see that I did ovulate six days ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment