My career ambivalence continues. It's hard to feel as sure about walking away from my business as spring arrives and business picks up. I have a substantial job lined up for next week, and a meeting with a new designer today - she has two more projects in the pipes that I may get. Mr. Ibis is vowing to support me either way, which is great, but sometimes I almost wish he would tell me what to do! I just don't know what the right decision is. Each option has its pros and cons.
The plan for the time being is to wait until after my mom and sister visit. They will be here in the third week of April and it would make sense - it would be nice - if I could take time off and not be chained to a desk from 9-5 while they fend for themselves. This is what Mr. Ibis suggests and I agree will be the best plan of action for now. So my final (?) decision is postponed until the end of April.
And I may or may not be... let's see, seven weeks pregnant by that time. Not sure how that might affect the decision one way or the other. My intuition - you know, based on nothing, really - is that we will not be successful this cycle. Our timing was good and it's way too early to make any symptom-based judgment, but I'm just guessing this wasn't it. We shall see.


2 comments:
I absolutely hate that feeling of "I don't think this was a good cycle" so early in the 2ww. It's stinks. I'm sorry you're feeling that way, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that you're wrong!
time will tell.... thinking positive thoughts!
Post a Comment