Thursday, March 5, 2009

Feeling better

After cleaning the house and drinking a half gallon of water, I feel much better, physically and emotionally. I don't know if it was just the passage of time, or if hydrating really helps, but the cramps subsided. Man, they just make me so tense... it's just a terrible association I've made with those rumbly, low level cramps and my miscarriage.

Supposedly dehydration can cause uterine cramping, so maybe that's my problem. I'm horrible at staying hydrated. If I keep a water bottle in front of me I will definitely go through the proper amount of water per day, but if I don't set myself up with one I will typically go all day long without drinking anything (besides my morning coffee), then chug two glasses of water with and after dinner. Not good. I get this from my mom, I think, who hardly drinks anything but tea, but then of course will get crazy thirsty and have to chug water, like I do. Bad habit!

So my pendulum has swung back to optimistic. Don't tell anyone, but I took a Q-tip test today and passed. The pee sticks didn't come in the mail yet, which is just as well, because if they had I would have been sorely tempted to use one. If they don't make it here tomorrow, I will hit up the Dollar Tree for a few cheapies and maybe go crazy and buy a digital too.

If I am... I will be able to tell my mom and sister in person. They're coming to visit in April and I would (will?) be about 10 weeks along, I think. I would so love to tell my little sister in person. Her reaction when we announced the last pregnancy was priceless - she is only 13, looks up to me, and adores Mr. Ibis. She screamed over the phone, "THIS IS HUGE! This is, like, the biggest thing to happen... ever!!!" So cute. I would love to see her face next time we tell. Although I am sure she will have slightly tempered emotions next time, knowing now what could happen - what happened before - I think it would be precious nevertheless.

If I'm not... we'll just keep trying. That's how it goes, right?

2 comments:

Jen said...

so... what's a q-tip test?

Ibis said...

Swabbing your cervix with a Qtip can let you know the day before your period comes if you see a hint of spotting. It worked last cycle when I wasn't TTC but waiting on my first period after mc... "failed" the Qtip test the previous day.

Post a Comment