Well, I'm convinced that has to be wrong, so I'm going to pay the accountant for his time but try to figure this out, since I already have Turbo Tax and extensive spreadsheets and all that jazz. So far I've got it down to $4200, so that's some improvement.
But the bottom line is I simply can't do this anymore. My job is not fun or fulfilling or flexible enough to be worth the stress and anguish and debt and constant sinking year after year. So it's not even about Mr. Ibis anymore, I am done. Totally over it.
Now for the good news: I spent some time this morning applying for jobs online and sending out my resume, and to my surprise I got an immediate bite from the employment agency that I have used once before during a slow time. They called at 11:30 am to tell me about a possible position, and they emailed me some software tests - Excel, typing tests, all that jazz - and asked me to come in at 2:00 to interview with them After OMGing for a little while, I took the tests, showered, ironed some slacks, and went in.
The interview went great at the agency. My interviewer was cute and friendly and helpful. She prepped me for tomorrow's interview at the client company, went over the questions with me and gave me some tips. She complimented my outfit, hair, and makeup and said they will be fine for tomorrow too. She warned me that the interview is going to be scary and the people there have a reputation for seeming mean and unfriendly (!). And so I have an interview for a job at 8:30am. If they hire me, they'll want me to start Monday. If they like me, it will probably turn into a permanent position.
I am pooping my pants with anxiety now, but I did fine this afternoon so I should be okay tomorrow... if I can just keep my cool and be confident. I have a bad habit of blushing and getting tongue-tied when I'm nervous. But I keep reminding myself I have run a business for 5 years and I can qualify for an office job!
I haven't even run the numbers yet to see what this will do to our budget. But I did so poorly last year, after taxes, that it just has to be workable somehow.


No comments:
Post a Comment