Wednesday, April 15, 2009

CD7

Shhhh, I think Aunt Flo has left town. Cross your fingers.

One week down. Three to go. I know it's bad that I'm measuring time this way, but we all do it, don't we?

I told Mr. Ibis that I wasn't quite ready for him last night, but "Don't worry, in a week or so you're going to be begging me to stop humping you." This must have put the fear into him because he said, "But we're going to do the testing, right?" Heh. I'll probably start taking OPKs on CD11. And I plan to take 2/day until I get a positive, then we'll get busy for 3 days in a row. In the past we have tried every other day, but maybe it's time to bring out the big guns.

All this - the twice a day OPKs, the baby making - is going to take place while my mom and sister are visiting! That should be interesting. It's definitely going to limit the time of day we can hop in the sack, probably down to bedtime & morning, my least favorites. And I'll have to hide the used pee sticks (ie not leave them sitting in the bathroom trash can), since I really don't feel like explaining that. Kind of a bummer because I was hoping to inject a little more romance into our babymaking sex this cycle, but in all likelihood there won't be time (or energy) for that.

I'm also considering adding Robitussin into the mix. Since I now some people reading this aren't TTC, Robitussin is supposed to help boost your cervical fluid amount and quality... this is taken from Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I have needed some help in that department since my miscarriage. I've been drinking green tea, which is taken from internet lore, and it's helped somewhat, but perhaps not enough. I know drinking Robitussin to get pregnant sounds pretty crazy, but each failed cycle is taking me one more step down the road to Crazy TTC Lady. I've made my peace with that already.



4 comments:

Caz said...

Never looked up the Robitussin - Note to self: google Robitussin. Sounds a little similar to Pre Seed. I am currently awaiting mr Parcel Force to deliver me my first batch from Ebay.
Shame the family is visiting when you should getting on down with the babymaking but look at this way, they say it's more fun when you gotta be quiet. We had the inlaws stay with us for a few months while they moved home a few years back and it was a mission I'll tell you. I believe husband was close to ramming a sock in my mouth - at least I think it was a sock! Ha!
As for the trash, I'm with you. This is why I don't like surprise visits. I like to prepare the house in time. Ie: OPK's, PG tests & books etc hidden away. Although everyone knows we're TTC I'd rather not remind my inlaws and friends that we actually do IT!

Bon voyage to Aunt Flo!

Shanny said...

Robitussin does work but I can't stand the taste so I stick to preseed. GL this cycle!!!!

Kris said...

I know how you feel. I have all my TTC stuff in like 3 bathroom drawers. It's insane. The stuff we do to get pregnant.

Legalosaur said...

I totally took the Robitussin the first time we got prego. Just make sure you get the one where the only active ingredient is guaferesin, with none of the other junk.

I also did the green tea and lots of carrot and grapefruit which are also supposed to help. Seriously, the things we do!

Post a Comment