Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Nope, not pregnant.

I had a little temp spike this morning which gave me a small jolt of hope for about ten minutes until I got up and peed on a stick. Instead of leaving the bathroom for three minutes as I usually do - this only ramps up the anticipation! - I stayed and watched the FRER develop. Not even a hint of a test line appeared, so at 15dpo, there's my answer for this cycle.

I could hear Mr. Ibis moving around in the next room so I called out to him that it was negative. He responded light-heartedly, "So, no tax deduction in 2009, huh." I mock-whined, "Not only that, we get to max out our insurance deductibles for two more years!"

As we settled down on the couch with our coffee, I asked what the strategy will be for next cycle. He suggested ovulation tests, which is okay by me. And a couple of other ideas that fall squarely in the TMI category if you catch my drift. Most likely my ovulation date will fall in the week that my mom and sister are visiting, but fortunately they are getting a hotel room - our house is small with thin walls! I pointed out gamely that we didn't really want a Christmas baby, "And anyway, Sagittarius was a terrible match for us." He said maybe, then, we should try for a Pisces. I vetoed that idea as it would mean taking two cycles off! I said a Pisces could be our consolation prize if we don't get lucky in the next two months.

Our prospects at this point are: supposedly about 60% of couples will get pregnant within 4 months of trying. Of course, this assumes we're healthy and fertile, and actually right now 60% doesn't sound high enough to be terribly reassuring! It's a little crazy to think how quickly our first EDD (estimated due date for the first baby) could sneak up on us, as it's now basically three BFNs away. Eek.

But anyway. AF should be here either tomorrow or Friday. I guess Saturday at the latest if my LP is dreadfully long (that would be 18dpo).

4 comments:

LuckyOnce said...

I'm sorry about the negative test. That's sucky. On the bright side though, I'm a pisces, and I can attest that pisces are really cool people, and modest too. :)
You really can drive yourself crazy with the percentages, you know? I feel like I spent enough time quoting the "25% of pregnancies end in miscarriage" statistic after my first miscarriage, and now I'm ready to defy the odds, baby! You too... (rock on.)

Kris said...

If it makes you feel better this is my 7th TTC cycle. I am way past that 4 months...

Are you still doing sperm meets egg? I am just baby dancing a few days before I know I am supposed to ovulate until FF confirms ovulation.

Danielle said...

Hi Ibis! Deedeew80 from TTCAL. I just discovered your blog. I think we are both in the same boat. I got my first BFP in Nov. MC confirmed on Dec. 31st and D&E on Jan. 5th. This too was our 2nd month of TTC after the mc. I feel the same way as you. Before we even decided to start TTC, my biggest fear was not being able to conceive. Well, it happened right away. Well, now I'm back to thinking that. Plus I will be turning 30 next year, and that doesn't help my thinking any! It sucks that we are thinking this way. Everyone tells you not to, but it's hard. Something you wanted SO bad was taken away from you and you want it SO much more badly now!! Well, hopefully this will be our month! I'm still waiting for AF to show too. I have had cramps all day today. So I guess any day now. Good Luck! ~Danielle~

Ibis said...

She - We love Pisceses. :)

Kris - Nah, we really couldn't hang with sperm meets egg... it was too much pressure. This cycle we just went by when my body felt like it was Oing. I think our timing was good, it just didn't work.

Danielle - Wow, our dates are all really similar. I feel exactly the same way. I hope we will both get lucky next cycle!

Post a Comment