For reasons that I'm sure are fairly obvious, I don't want people I know in real life reading about our sex life and efforts to conceive in full, gory detail. In addition to the TMI factor, I sometimes post here about some of Mr. I's feelings about having babies, and I don't feel it's my right to tell people about them - if he wants to share those things with our friends and family members, he can do that privately.
However, I need this blog, and I don't really want to have to make it private and go around inviting people to read it individually, because that really limits the scope of who from the TTC world might stumble upon it. So my plan until I change my mind is twofold:
1. If you were clever enough to catch the Facebook comment, google the phrase, and find this blog, hi. I don't really want you to read this, because I want to be able to spill my guts here without editing myself for who might be reading. But I can't stop you if you're going to read it anyway. Just be aware that this is supposed to be a safe space for me and I would prefer that it not cross over with my other real-world relationships. Just be aware that I talk about things here that I do NOT wish to talk about with people I know personally. And don't be surprised if I seem different here than I do to you elsewhere, because I let it all hang out here - my insecurities, my obsessions, my petty grumbles - everyone has them, don't they? - and this doesn't mean I'm two faced, it just means that I have social skills in real life and don't need them here.
2. I will be limiting myself more tightly when I write about Mr. Ibis. I don't feel it's fair to expose him; this isn't his blog. He knows I have it and he knows what's in it, but that doesn't mean he's signing on to having his private thoughts revealed to the reading public.
I still feel kind of insecure now and I'm still waffling on whether to go private. But I thought I'd put this out there now and continue to think about it.


2 comments:
I had a friend stalk me down from the knot.com, to my blog. I made it private even though she promised not to check it anymore (she felt absurdly guilty which is good) because I felt like I lost my "space" to put EVERYTHING out there.
I hope you don't have to make this private. I've really enjoyed following your journey and am hopeful to read that this month was the month for you guys.
Post a Comment