Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sleep, sweet sleep

There is one thing, and one thing only, that I miss about being single: being able to sleep through the night. That's not to say I would rather sleep alone, because I hate going to bed without Mr. Ibis. But he is not the world's greatest bedmate. He twitches, he fusses, he rolls to and fro (taking all the covers with him as he goes)... I used to be a heavy sleeper, but now I feel like I hardly ever get all the way to morning without waking up at least once. And we have a king sized bed now. We started out in a double, which is almost unimaginable!

I haven't been sleeping that fabulously well anyway, and lately I can't make it through the night without getting up to pee either. I am not reading into this; however, it is annoying. Especially while trying to chart, because I wake up at some point, have no idea what time it is, and try to make the judgment call based on what time it "feels like" as to whether I should get up and pee, or try to make it til temp time.

Last night I woke up at some point and it felt like at least 3am (I am actually pretty good at sensing the time!) so I decided to try to make it til morning. But later, Mr. Ibis rolled over and sat up to take a drink of water and took ALL the covers with him. (Why? Why can't he move under the covers??) I woke up, irritated, and my bladder was full to bursting. Since I knew he was awake, I asked him for the time (he has the clock on his side) and he said it was 4:45 - we usually get up (and I temp) at 5:30. I temped, got up, and peed. Eventually managed to get back to sleep, but woke up in a grump.

I don't care too much about my temp today, because at 8dpo it doesn't mean much. It's still well above the coverline, which is all I need to know right now.

2 comments:

habitualstar said...

dh and I slept in a double bed for the first year and a half we were together. I swear that half of our relationship problems were solved when we switched to a queen.

I don't know if you were on TIP today but I totally had a pregnancy dream about you. haha, not to be creepy...

Ibis said...

I just saw that! I was gone most of the day. I hope you are psychic. :D

Post a Comment