So I was walking out feeling a little aggravated that I have to keep doing these over, when the painting contractor snagged me and expressed disbelief that the designer was being so hard on me. He said she is always kind of difficult (I haven't worked with her before), and was sympathetic about how hard she's working me just to get the samples.
Suddenly I felt relief. I have been so stressed about impressing a new designer and beating myself up for not getting everything right the first time. So it helped immensely to hear from someone else that that's how she is and it's not me. PHEW.
Now this may sound a little dubious, but I swear as soon as I felt that burden lift off my shoulders, I felt my whole body relax, and I mean whole body. Before I even got home I could tell... sure enough, I have fertile CM now and my cervix is high. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but maybe not.
Anyway on the way home from the meeting I stopped at the library because I've been sloggging through this godawful Oprah's book club novel for days and I can't take it anymore. I picked up four books that seemed far more appealing, because reading is a big way that I unwind and I haven't been able to get lost in a book for some time.
I'm being bad right now and not calling my mom and sister. They're still at their hotel. But I think they - or at least Mom - want to be. They haven't called me either. We didn't get them "home" until 9pm last night, so I had a feeling Mom would totally crash today. It's fine with me because I am totally burnt out. I even feel like I'm getting a head cold, but it may be allergies or just fatigue.
Tonight we're ordering pizza (yay) and going to the movies (double yay). I need this kind of treat. I may even be really bad and have a beer with my pizza. I might regret it in the morning if my temp goes through the roof, but I'm just craving every creature comfort imaginable right now.


3 comments:
That sounds like a great night. :) Sorry about the picky designer, but it's definitely nice to have an affirmation from someone else. Good luck on the big OOOOOOO!
Have a fun night, Ibis. I hope you can enjoy some relaxing w/Mr. Ibis. Stay well and remember you cannot please everyone...
Congrats on the CM. Unfortunately, that is very exciting for people like us and not TMI at all :)
Post a Comment