Saturday, May 23, 2009

6 weeks


I am 6 weeks pregnant today. Whee! I put together a little side by side comparison of today's photo (R) with last Saturday's photo (L). It's not a huge difference but I think you can tell that I'm filling out my shirt a little more overall, in the boobs and in a little bit of baby bloaty belly.

Last night I went to prepare our usual Friday night Amy's organic chili and when I opened the cans the smell of it - the chili we eat every week - turned my stomach. Hm. I added a little cheddar cheese to our bowls and heated them up, and when then when I sat down to eat it, it made me feel a little sick. I was so hungry that I ate it all anyway, but toward the end I was definitely feeling like I might possibly not be able to keep it down. All I could think was YAY! I know I am a maniac to wish for morning sickness but I can't help it.

We went to see Terminator Salvation last night and it was better than I expected. It kept me entertained and the eye candy was extremely droolworthy, especially the Australian actor playing Marcus. The only downside was that I hadn't thought to bring anything to drink with me and I spent most of the movie feeling parched and slightly headachey and sick... much like a mild hangover.

This morning I had my usual breakfast of oatmeal and coffee (which I am slowly paring down to smaller and smaller portions) and it made me feel ill once again. Eating made me feel a little sick, then after eating I still felt a little sick, and now that I'm hungry again I still feel a little sick. Right now it is very much like a hangover that isn't bad enough to make you barf, but just kind of hangs around making you feel like you want a giant Gatorade and some ibuprofen (neither of which I've had... though a fruit juice may be in my future today). And I love it.

Oh, and BY THE WAY. I just want to state for the record that the mess in these photos is in fact my dear husband's mess. His dresser/clothes pile is behind me in these photos. I take no responsibility for this, ha.

6 comments:

Caz said...

Yes I can concur that you have certainly grown according to the photo.
As for the mess, I constantly nag at husband for leaving his mess down his side of the bed. Socks, books, dressing gown you name it it's all there.

LuckyOnce said...

You're definitely filling out a bit. Yay! It's funny that you referred to the morning sickness as being hangover-like because I just said that to someone the other day about my pregnancy with D. It's so true. The headache, the dry mouth, the nausea. Fun stuff!

Kris said...

You have grown! Your boobs look great! I'm so happy for your Ibis!

NERSKINE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NERSKINE said...

Thank you for telling your story. I accidentally clicked on your blog while reading a response you wrote on the TTC board. I got married on 11/22/08 & we got pregnant on our honeymoon. I miscarried on 12/23/08. I spent all of last Sun. reading all of your blog. I got a BFP this morning!!! I'm on cloud 9 & I'm going to live in the moment. Keep writing so that I know what to expect. I'm 3 weeks behind you!

Ibis said...

Congratulations Nerskine! Glad to have you reading. :)

Post a Comment