
7 weeks today! Woooooooo*barf*
This is my six to seven week comparison. I'm honestly not sure if I am less bloated or if I'm just slouching over because I'm so fatigued and nauseated! It is making me laugh to look at my new photo... compared to last week's it looks positively tragic. Last week I'm standing straight and tall and my lovely pregnancy boobs are saluting proudly. This week I am slumped over and my boobs look like they want to surrender... haaha.
My "morning sickness" is unpredictable. One day it will be worst in the morning but then fade, another day it will come roaring back in the evening. Last night I had soup for dinner and barely got it all down. Being ravenously hungry and severely nauseated at the same time is certainly an interesting sensation.
After dinner Mr. Ibis brought me on an emergency popsicle run, since suddenly an orange popsicle seemed like the one thing that could set my world right again. We went to the local health food store since it's only a couple of blocks away. Miraculously, they sold orange popsicles individually, and while I was there I decided to see if they had any natural nausea remedies. I was going to poke around the shelves by myself, but my husband is far less shy and just asked the girl at the counter.
- Actually - what he did was point at the girl behind the counter and say to me, "She's pregnant, right? Maybe she knows." One can only hope she didn't hear us. She had a teeny tiny round belly that could easily be a 14 week pregnancy or a large meal tucked away!
Anyway, another girl stepped forward and showed me a bottle of "Morning Ease" capsules. They contain B6, Red Raspberry leaf, Ginger, Peppermint, Artichoke, and Milk Thistle. I probably should have thought of this before I purchased an $8 bottle of pills, but only later did I google the ingredients. The American Pregnancy Association recommends staying away from Raspberry Leaf and concentrated peppermint in the first trimester because they may cause uterine contractions. Poo. I'm thinking I may buy just plain old Vitamin B6 today instead. I feel like a total wimp, a wimp I thought I would not be, since I'm not even vomiting (yet??), but all day nausea does kind of wear you down.
Ultimately the conclusion of the story is:
1. That was the best popsicle I've ever eaten in my life.
2. Mr. Ibis learned that he must never again assume a woman is pregnant unless he sees a baby coming out of her vagina.


1 comment:
I love #2. :)
With D, I was very nauseous for the first 4 months, but never barfed. (I don't know if that's a good thing, or a bad thing...) So anyway, you may not end up barfing. I hope it doesn't last forever...
Post a Comment