After having our coffee and puttering around for a while, we headed downtown to the first day of the Farmer's Market for the season, even though I knew that in early May all they would be selling was flowers and small vegetable seedlings. When we got down there, it was packed, so we avoided the Market itself but did a little window shopping and got some coffee (decaf for me).
Then off to bring my father-in-law to dialysis, and to the grocery store, which is our normal Saturday routine. The only hitch was, by 11am (barely), I was ravenous. I always get hungry during this routine, as it keeps us out and about from 11-1, but this time I was in the danger zone of starvation - my stomach churning, my blood sugar levels moving to High Bitch Alert. So when we got to the grocery store I purchased a single roll and ate it in the car when we left. And my god it was marvelous. We sat in silence as I methodically broke it into little pieces and fed the beast inside me. Then I was all better.
When we got home I tinkered on the computer for a bit and then fatigue hit me like a giant tidal wave. My body was telling me all systems must shut down asap. I lay down on the couch and put a blanket over my face to block out the sun... I felt almost sick with drowsiness, so sick I didn't know if I could even fall asleep. So I went upstairs to lay down on the bed, and fall asleep indeed I did. I slept hard from 2pm to 3:30, and I could have kept going except that we had plans to go pick up our Little Brother at 4pm and I had to get up and emerge from my stupor, so very reluctantly I did.
Finally we got to hang out with Little B! We just brought him over here to hang out, play wiffle ball in the backyard, play Playstation with Mr. I, and have pizza and cookies for dinner. It was pretty fun, although more of a boys' day to bond, that was fine with me. My fatigue fortunately had dissipated and the four hours we spent with him flew by.
Then after we dropped him off, it returned. It was 8pm and we were invited over some new friends' house to watch a boxing match. All I wanted to do was go to bed. But Mr. Ibis really wanted to go, and I hate to decline the very first time someone invites me over, so I took a shower to get a little refreshed, which worked. I was dreading having to go to a party and not drink, but it turned out to be a really relaxed family-type night, so although most people were drinking a little bit, no one batted an eye when I only had water.
We were asleep by 12:30, but once again I woke up before 8am, even though I was feeling pretty bedraggled. I had a headache and barely remembered temping at 5:30, though I definitely did. I got up to turn on the coffee machine, feed the dog, and pee; when the coffee was ready, I brought a cup back to bed along with a chocolate chip cookie. Mr. I asked if I wanted some pickles with that. I told him yesterday that my extreme fatigue meant there might be a tiny fetus in there. I really hope I am right. It was the most promising phantom symptom I have had since we started TTC again. Getting my hopes up now....


No comments:
Post a Comment