Friday, May 8, 2009

Just sitting around, being pregnant.

Aaaaagh, this is going to be a weird, LONG day!

I'm sitting at home because I was told to suspend work until I can have a meeting with the builder, designer, and client. The client does not like how the room looks and we may have a huge problem, I may have to start over, I just don't know... I just have to cool my heels until 2:30. Then try to find a way to fix it.

So there's all that work stress hovering over me but all I can think is I'M PREGNANT, I'M PREGNANT, I'M PREGNANT!

I just want it to be 5:00 and my husband getting home so we can freak out together.

I have thought about this moment so many times and I wondered if I would immediately start to panic about another miscarriage. But right now, I'm just happy and excited. I'm pregnant right now and that's all that seems to matter right now. Maybe I'll worry later but for now I'm just enjoying this.

The only little doubting voice that is going off every now and then is saying, but wait, am I really pregnant? It's just so unbelievable and amazing to think of it. But there was no question about that line.

What happened was, I decided to get in the shower and get ready for my day. I was totally bumming about work and I thought, what the hell, one less thing to be anxious about if I just get it over with and get my BFN. It's 13dpo, so if it's negative, I'm probably not. So I peed on the stick and set the test and my phone down on the sink so I could check it from the shower.

I didn't even have time to get into the shower before the second line started coming up - right away! Sure enough at the three minute mark it was as plain as day.



That is no "maybe," wouldn't you say?

I feel a little badly about testing without Mr. Ibis, but I just didn't think it was going to be positive!!

I called my OB and my first appointment is on June 3rd, when I will be about 7 1/2 weeks pregnant. I talked to the nurse and she said I can come in for beta draws, but it's up to me. Beta draws, for those who don't know, are just blood tests that check your level of hcg. The level of hcg in your blood should double every 48-72 hours in early pregnancy; if it doesn't, it might mean an ectopic or miscarriage. It's just a measurement, and doesn't really affect the outcome. So I'm still undecided about whether to have them done. Most people get them done for reassurance, but I feel like right now I just want to enjoy this and let it sink in. I may go in on Monday if I change my mind.

5 comments:

Lore B said...

OMG, I missed your previous post. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your BFP makes me feel hopeful. I'm so happy for you!!

Caz said...

I'm so happy for you and Mr I. This may sound so obvious but don't stress about the job.. because you're pregnant! Hoorah! xx

habitualstar said...

that business about redoing the room sucks but sounds like nothing can spoil how good you feel today! and yes, that's a very pretty dark couple of lines!

wishing you and Mr. I an evening of happy tears and giddiness! you're going to be PARENTS!

Bibliosaur said...

I missed the previous post - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you!

LuckyOnce said...

Hope the work thing gets fixed up, but who really cares??? YOU'RE PREGNANT! :)

Post a Comment