Eeeeeeeeeee!
I'm still squealing with excitement. I peed on a digital stick this morning just to reassure myself that it's really, really true:
That sucker came up in about 30 seconds!
I'm so excited, and Mr. Ibis is really excited too... even more so than the first time around.
He got home from work before me yesterday, so when I got home he greeted me with this bunch of flowers:
Awww! Mr. I is one who only brings me flowers on special occasions, which makes them extra sweet to me.
I talked to him about the choice of doing beta draws, and he said definitely do it. If we can get some idea of whether things are going okay, we should. So I'll pop by on Monday morning and then they'll probably have me back on Wednesday to make sure my levels are rising properly.
My mother-in-law is hosting a family cookout tonight at her house and we will probably tell my in-laws, including Mr. I's brother and sister-in-law tonight, although I think maybe they should keep it from the kids for now. And we are planning to tell my family tomorrow when we call for Mother's Day. It's really early, but we know that people's support was invaluable to us when we had our loss, so there really is no need to keep this secret from family and selected friends. The number of friends we will tell is smaller... only those who were supportive the first time around, just in case.
Like everyone who's had a loss, we know that something could go wrong again. Our chances of miscarriage are roughly the same as the first time around, statistically speaking. But I'm just living in the present for now, and I'm content with that. The Success After Loss board has some "mantras," one of which is "today I am pregnant and I love my baby." I guess I'm still on a BFP high, because for the time being I don't even have to repeat this mantra - it is just the way I feel. I may be an incurable optimist, and I may be setting myself up for heartbreak, but I guess I don't know another way to be.


3 comments:
Yay for digi tests! There's no beating around the bush with those suckers. Congratulations to you both again. I bet you and Mr. I are on cloud nine!
Enjoy the meal tonight. xx
Live in the present girl! You can't jinx your pregnancy by being happy about it - enjoy it!
Good for you. I hope I can be that optimistic if I get pregnant.
Post a Comment